Ellines Nakama Productions
 
HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Anime Recommendations

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MrPampouks



Posts : 1901
Join date : 2011-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Anime Recommendations   Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:18 pm

sgtpeterarbit wrote:
Alright i'm not going to continue this,we don't have the same taste when it comes to anime or your standards are really low.

why do you even have to provoke him by "rating" his standards... each one watches animes for their reasons you are not something better if you 're watching an anime because of its story while somebody other watched due to its animation... you could just stay to "when it comes to anime" and only that...!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/MrPampouks
Pieetrr

avatar

Posts : 2368
Join date : 2012-07-25
Location : Greece

PostSubject: Re: Anime Recommendations   Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:22 pm

we don't have the same taste when it comes to anime or your standards are really low.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/sgtpeterarbit
MrPampouks

avatar

Posts : 1901
Join date : 2011-09-30
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Anime Recommendations   Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:57 am

sgtpeterarbit wrote:
we don't have the same taste when it comes to anime or your standards are really low.

i'm saying again, having different standards than yours does NOT make them LOW STANDARDS!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/MrPampouks
nikos150

avatar

Posts : 1530
Join date : 2012-01-15
Age : 26
Location : Greece, Thessaloniki

PostSubject: Re: Anime Recommendations   Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:51 am

so let's go again the same conversation...let's say your favourite movie is "The Godfather" and mine is "Planet Terror" , so for you nothing is rateable because everything is about taste so you cannot tell who has bad taste and low standars when it comes to movies and who doesn't...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/Nikos150?feature=mhee
MrPampouks

avatar

Posts : 1901
Join date : 2011-09-30
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Anime Recommendations   Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:50 pm

nikos150 wrote:
so let's go again the same conversation...let's say your favourite movie is "The Godfather" and mine is "Planet Terror" , so for you nothing is rateable because everything is about taste so you cannot tell who has bad taste and low standars when it comes to movies and who doesn't...

for me, people should NOT offend others in any way... if that includes calling someone's standards as "low" then yeah you shouldn't!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/MrPampouks
InvisibleBlack

avatar

Posts : 1161
Join date : 2012-07-04
Age : 24
Location : Bristol, UK

PostSubject: Re: Anime Recommendations   Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:08 pm

nikos150 wrote:
so let's go again the same conversation...let's say your favourite movie is "The Godfather" and mine is "Planet Terror" , so for you nothing is rateable because everything is about taste so you cannot tell who has bad taste and low standars when it comes to movies and who doesn't...
Ok if someone says one of his favorite movies is Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus wouldnt you say his standards are somehow low??

Anyways K may not be that bad but i also dont think its an anime someone would recommend...Maybe its just the different taste people have
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/TheInvisibleBlackxX
Pieetrr

avatar

Posts : 2368
Join date : 2012-07-25
Location : Greece

PostSubject: Re: Anime Recommendations   Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:15 pm

MrPampouks wrote:
sgtpeterarbit wrote:
we don't have the same taste when it comes to anime or your standards are really low.

i'm saying again, having different standards than yours does NOT make them LOW STANDARDS!

i'm sorry but if the standards are jiggleboobs then yes,they are low.Can't see by which standards K has an awesome story.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/sgtpeterarbit
nikos150

avatar

Posts : 1530
Join date : 2012-01-15
Age : 26
Location : Greece, Thessaloniki

PostSubject: Re: Anime Recommendations   Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:49 pm

MrPampouks wrote:
nikos150 wrote:
so let's go again the same conversation...let's say your favourite movie is "The Godfather" and mine is "Planet Terror" , so for you nothing is rateable because everything is about taste so you cannot tell who has bad taste and low standars when it comes to movies and who doesn't...

for me, people should NOT offend others in any way... if that includes calling someone's standards as "low" then yeah you shouldn't!

first of all i haven't watched the anime but i know that everytime you get so easily offended about opinions you are probably wrong...
secondly i think peter is a bit straightforward when it comes to judging animes because there are many good animes out there that are not so well known because people like instead all those overrated it over advertised animes
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/Nikos150?feature=mhee
MrPampouks

avatar

Posts : 1901
Join date : 2011-09-30
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Anime Recommendations   Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:45 am

nikos150 wrote:
MrPampouks wrote:
nikos150 wrote:
so let's go again the same conversation...let's say your favourite movie is "The Godfather" and mine is "Planet Terror" , so for you nothing is rateable because everything is about taste so you cannot tell who has bad taste and low standars when it comes to movies and who doesn't...

for me, people should NOT offend others in any way... if that includes calling someone's standards as "low" then yeah you shouldn't!

first of all i haven't watched the anime but i know that everytime you get so easily offended about opinions you are probably wrong...
secondly i think peter is a bit straightforward when it comes to judging animes because there are many good animes out there that are not so well known because people like instead all those overrated it over advertised animes

hahaha even though i like the way you think... (getting easily offended means that i'm wrong), i think there's no reason to discuss anymore... next time you write a post, read what you're writing as a random viewer of this forum, not as an ENP member!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/MrPampouks
nikos150

avatar

Posts : 1530
Join date : 2012-01-15
Age : 26
Location : Greece, Thessaloniki

PostSubject: Re: Anime Recommendations   Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:46 pm

but it's true

:but i ate it:
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/Nikos150?feature=mhee
Pieetrr

avatar

Posts : 2368
Join date : 2012-07-25
Location : Greece

PostSubject: Re: Anime Recommendations   Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:06 pm

I don't think being an ENP member has to affect you in any way of judging an anime or your preferences about anything or this reference was for something else i didn't quite get...I really didn't want to continue this,i could easily make a very very long post about why K isn't even something decent,i won't.

I want to correct myself on one thing.K's story is not bad as a story,it had great potential,the shitty shallow characters and the slow incompetent progress in combination that it's 13 eps short is what ruined the experience,that's why you can't say it has an "Awesome" story,bare in mind i haven't watched the last episode too,i will watch it someday but the thought of watching it at the time was dreadful and i chickened out.Maybe season 2 will make the whole series look better,having small doubts.

There are other anime mentioned that i don't think they're worth recommending like Angel Beats but this clearly looks like a taste difference as there are so many people loving it.Even though i frequently watch harem/romance anime,i can't stand stuff like K-ON(not saying it's like K-ON but it has some similarities i don't like),maybe Crookz should try it out.

@pam-chan (hahaha even though i like the way you think... (getting easily offended means that i'm wrong))

This isn't a matter where you can be wrong or right because there is no ultimate answer.You can be strict and honest or reserved and sociable or another mix of characteristics,everyone lives by his own code.

For me Invictus was rude for not checking Crookz's MAList and not having thought out some anime that he could definitely enjoy,he just dished out 8 anime without giving any thoughts on the criteria Crookz requested to be fulfilled(even though some of the recommendations from everyone seemed to shitted on that too).

Recommending stuff to watch is a serious business in my opinion,you bind someone's time according to your tastes,i would never recommend something on a whim or something that i had a few doubts that the person wouldn't enjoy.Even if i did i would recommend the anime because i held it in high regard and i would warn the person that he might not enjoy this to the fullest as i had.Finally if i would recommend an anime to someone not because it was one of my 8/10 or that i thought he would enjoy it greatly,but it would be because it's a benchmark on anime and he should watch it just to have an opinion.(I enjoyed most of these series but they are the only benchmarks i can think of right now e.g. Death Note,Code Geass,TTGL,K-ON and certainly more i can't recall right now)

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/sgtpeterarbit
Crookz

avatar

Posts : 1354
Join date : 2012-03-12
Age : 25
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: Anime Recommendations   Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:02 pm

thanks for the insight, I know what you mean though people set their standards so high with anime, for example yourself. when I am easliy entertained, comdey and ecchi gets me everytime and action isnt really soemthing i look for as a watching perspective, i think when i see action i think: " I could edit that part, and that part. etc etc "

K you should watch the last ep, it was by far my fave ep of such a mehh anime.

and anyone who hasnt should defo watch Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood. I rarely find an anime in which i cant stop myself watching the next ep continuously
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/CrookzAMV
nikos150

avatar

Posts : 1530
Join date : 2012-01-15
Age : 26
Location : Greece, Thessaloniki

PostSubject: Re: Anime Recommendations   Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:54 am

for me , what gets me is a good story, violence especially when it's much (i don't like animes like katekyo where you don't see blood in battles)
mystery also and if the anime shows some potential for a great ending or something

echii and comedy for me is only if i just want to spend my time while watching animes but not if i want to watch something that i really like
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/Nikos150?feature=mhee
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Anime Recommendations   

Back to top Go down
 
Anime Recommendations
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» The "I Need Some Anime Recommendations" Thread
» Horror Anime Recommendations?
» Anime recommendations?
» Anime Openings and Closings
» Got your hands on a new anime/manga title? Discuss here!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
EllinesNakamaProductions Forums :: Other :: Anime / Mangas-
Jump to: